- Write in the role of a demography advisor to German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Explain your concerns regarding Germany having the world’s lowest birth rate.
- Support your case using information gathered over the last few days.
- Describe the social, political and economic issues that will arise in Germany.
- Present realistic solutions for the German government to consider regarding the demographic problems.
For the last week, my social studies classes have been learning about population pyramids, demographic transition models, and the implications of both high and low birth rates. To provide some variety and use the knowledge I gained from my TOP study tour to Germany, students completed the following assignment: Using the information gathered over the previous lessons (textbook and articles from der Spiegel, BBC.com, NY Times.com), students completed the following assignment: